Ankaranın İngilizce Tanıtımı
The city of Ankara lies in the city center of Anatolian the eastern edge of the great,high Anatolian Plateau,at an altitude of 850 meters.The province is a predominantly fertile wheat steppeland,with forested areas in the northeast.It is bordered by the provinces of Cankırı and Bolu to the north,Eskisehir to the west,Konya and Aksaray to the south and Kırıkkale and Kırsehir to the east
The region’s history goes back to the Bronze Age Hatti civilization,which was succeeded in the 2nd millennium B.C. by the Hittites,in the 10th century B.C. by the phrygians,then by the Lydians and persians.After these came the Galatians,a Celtic race who were the fisrt to make Ankara their capital in the 3rd century B.C. It was then known as Ancyra,meaning “anchor” one of the oldest words in the language of the sea-loving Celts.The city subsequently fell to the Romans,and to the Byzantines. Seljuk Sultan Alparslan opened the door into Anatolia for the Turks at the victory of Malazgirt in 1071. Then in 1073,he annexedAnkara,an important location for military transportation and naturel resources,to Turkish territory.
The city was an important cultural,trading and arts center in Roman times and an important trading center on the caravan route to the east in Ottoman times.It had declined in importance by the nineteenth century.It again became an important center when Kemal Atatürk chose it as the base from which to direct the War of Liberation.By consequence of its role in the war and its strategic position,it was declared the capital of the new Republic of Turkey on october 13th,1923.