Mountains: Karacadağ (extinct volcanic mountain.)
Plateaus: Mardin threshold, Gaziantep Plateau,
Adiyaman Plateau, Plateau Ş.Urfa
Plains: Harran plain, plain Suruç
Rivers: the Euphrates, the Tigris and its tributaries
Dams: Ataturk (on the Euphrates River.)
Devegeçidi (on the Tigris River)
Mines: Phosphate (Mardin Mazıdağında),
Oil (Siirt, Adiyaman, Diyarbakir, Batman)
Climate and Vegetation: The region which is close to the Mediterranean Sea
western sides of the Mediterranean climate prevails.
Towards the east, shows the influence of the continental climate.
Steppes in low lying areas where çoktur.Yüksek
oak forests are found in places.
GENERAL FEATURES OF THE REGION
· Turkey in terms of Area 7 region. (Smallest)
· Population in terms of the amount last.
· Forest in terms of rate of 1% last.
· Economy dayanır.Hayvancılık agriculture ranks second.
· Phosphate extraction of most of our region.
· All oil is removed from this area.
· Pistachio, Lentils, 1st in the production of watermelon.
· Evaporation is highest in our region and summer droughts.
· No, of course (natural) lakes are not only our region.
· Plateaus formed.